This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This CNA inservice provides information on caring for patients with Parkinson's Disease.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- The Nervous System and Parkinson's Disease
- What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
- The Signs and Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- How is Parkinson's Disease Diagnosed?
- Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
- Medication Therapy for Parkinson's Disease
- Caring for the Patient Who Has Parkinson's Disease
- Identify a basic definition of Parkinson's disease.
- Correctly identify the basic cause of Parkinson's disease.
- Identify the two specific causes of Parkinson's disease.
- Identify the four most common signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Explain how Parkinson's disease is diagnosed.
- Identify three common treatments for Parkinson's disease.
- Identify the name of a drug that is commonly used to treat Parkinson's disease.
- Identify a serious side effect caused by medication used to treat Parkinson's disease.
- Name three daily activities you will be responsible for when caring for patients with Parkinson's disease.
- Identify an eating disorder associated with Parkinson's disease and a serious consequence associated with this disorder.