Measuring and Recording Patient Vital Signs
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
Vital sign measurements are effective tools to assess if a patient is ill. They are quick, simple measurements and reliable indicators of a person’s basic state of health. Abnormal changes in these measurements are one of the quickest, simplest, and most reliable indicators that someone is ill. Certified nursing assistants are required to competently measure and record patient vital signs for all age groups, and to know how to report when patient vital signs are not within normal ranges.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Measuring Body Temperature
- Measuring the Pulse
- Measuring the Respirations
- Identify one reason why measuring temperature, pulse, and respirations is important.
- Identify the most accurate methods for measuring temperature.
- Describe an abnormal pulse rate for an adult and child.
- Describe the normal respiratory rate for an adult and child.
- Describe how abnormal vital signs in an elderly person may be different from that of a child.