Human Anatomy for the Certified Nursing Assistant
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
A primary duty of healthcare workers is to monitor and assess the basic wellness of patients. They need to understand how the human body would normally function in order to detect changes that may indicate a serious alteration in health. Patients may have a chronic medical problem, such as diabetes, heart disease, or hypertension. Healthcare workers are expected to understand these disease processes, to understand how they affect health, and to know when these medical conditions have worsened. That level of knowledge requires a basic understanding of human anatomy.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Nervous System
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Renal System
- Endocrine System
- Reproductive System
- Define the term “anatomy”.
- Identify how the bones, connective tissue, joints, muscles and skin form organ systems.
- Identify the three distinct parts of the nervous system.
- Identify the primary function of the circulatory and pulmonary systems.
- Identify the basic functions of the digestive system.
- Identify the primary functions of the renal system.