How to Care for a Patient with Diabetes
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This CNA inservice provides information on how to care for a patient with diabetes.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Blood Sugar, Insulin and Diabetes
- Type I and Type II Diabetes - Why They Happen and What Makes Them Different
- Complications of Diabetes
- Signs and Symptoms of Abnormal Blood Sugar Levels
- Basic Care of the Diabetic - Monitoring the Blood Sugar
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Diabetic Care - Three Crucial Points You Need to Know
- Identify a basic definition of diabetes.
- Identify the hormone involved in diabetes and what it does.
- Explain the difference between Type I and Type II diabetes.
- Identify the signs and symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Identify two types of medications that can be used to control diabetes.