Caring for the Patient with a History of Alcohol Abuse
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This CNA inservice provides information on caring for patients with an alcohol abuse history.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What is Alcohol and What Does Alcohol do to the Body?
- Alcohol Abuse - The Scope of the Problem
- What is Alcohol Abuse?
- How Much Alcohol is Too Much?
- Why do People Abuse Alcohol?
- What Does Alcohol Do to the Body?
- Alcohol Withdrawal - The DT's
- Caring for the Patient who is Acutely Intoxicated
- Identify the correct name of the intoxicating ingredient of alcoholic beverages.
- Identify three signs and symptoms of mild to moderate alcohol intoxication.
- Identify the three factors that are considered to be the causes of alcohol abuse.
- Identify three serious health problems cause by chronic alcohol abuse.
- Identify the number of daily drinks that is considered dangerous.