Autism Spectrum Disorder
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
Autism spectrum disorder is a chronic neurological disorder that severely affects an individual's ability to understand, communicate, and interact with other people and begins to develop in early childhood. The causes of autism are not known. One of the defining criteria for diagnosing autism spectrum disorder is that the communication problems, repetitive and restrictive behaviors, and social deficits are seen by age three. There is no cure for autism spectrum disorder but there are medical, non-medical and behavioral treatments.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Overview
- Signs and Symptoms
- Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Screening for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Etiology of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Early Intensive Behavioral Interventions
- Caring for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Describe autism and how it can limit a person’s ability to interact with other people
- Identify the signs and symptoms of autism.
- Describe how to work with a person who has autism spectrum disorder.