This course material available in video format. Click to view.
Influenza, which is commonly called the flu, is one of the most common infectious diseases. This course will review the transmission of influenza; the signs and symptoms of an influenza infection; special populations that are at risk for complications from influenza; the difference between a cold and the flu; techniques for preventing transmission of influenza, and; treatment for the flu.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- The Influenza Virus
- Transmission of Influenza
- Signs and Symptoms of an Influenza Infection
- Is it a Cold or is it the Flu?
- What are the Complications of Influenza?
- Prevention Techniques
- Treating the Flu
- Identify the microorganism that causes the flu.
- Identify common signs and symptoms of an influenza infection.
- Identify possible complications of an influenza infection.
- Identify people who are at risk for complications of an influenza infection.
- Identify basic care measures for someone who has influenza.