Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorder
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This course is intended to provide Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) with: information about the causes of autism spectrum disorder; a description of the characteristics of the disorder; a review of some of the most commonly used therapies for the treatment of people who have autism spectrum disorder, and; basic information and tips on how to successfully care for someone who has autism spectrum disorder.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What is Autism?
- How is Autism Diagnosed?
- What Causes Autism?
- How is Autism Treated?
- Working with the Person Who Has Autism
- Identify the correct definition of autism.
- Identify social behaviors characteristic of people with autism.
- Identify physical behaviors that are characteristic of people with autism.
- Identify the possible causes of autism.
- Identify the possible causes of emotional outbursts from autistic clients.