Therapeutic Use of Heat and Cold
This CNA inservice provides information on the therapeutic use of heat and cold.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Basic Principles of Heat and Cold Therapy
- Using Heat and Cold Safely
- Specific Heat and Cold Therapies
- Identify two ways the body controls heat loss and heat conservation.
- Identify how this response is both helpful and harmful.
- Identify two other ways heat and cold therapy can be therapeutic.
- Identify three types of clients who need careful monitoring during heat or cold therapy.
- Identify three basic rules of using heat and cold therapy.