The Aging Process
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
The population in the United States and many other countries is getting older and life expectancy is greater then ever before. The aging process is different for each of us, it affects everyone. Certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and other health care professionals will more and more be caring for people who are elderly. As a CNA, understanding the aging process will be a vital part of your knowledge base.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- The Aging Population
- Why Do We Age?
- Specifics of the Aging Process - System Changes
- Aging and Disease
- Health Issues of the Elderly
- Identify the definition of aging.
- Identify body system changes caused by the aging process.
- Identify acute and chronic diseases that are common in older adults.
- Identify health issues that affect the elderly.
- Identify medication issues that are common to the elderly.