Course DescriptionBack to Course List
Sexual harassment is an unacceptable behavior characterized by inappropriate and unwelcome sexual remarks or physical advances. Sexual harassment is a type of harassment that involves the use of explicit or implicit sexual overtones. Either the statements or actions are obvious, or they are presented in a subtle way, possibly leaving the person questioning what was actually meant by the comment. Sexual harassment can also include the promise of a reward if these unwelcome and inappropriate sexual favors are provided. Sexual harassment includes a range of actions from verbal or written transgressions, visual inappropriateness, and unwelcomed physical touch that could lead to sexual abuse or assault.
- Define sexual harassment.
- Explain ways to de-escalate sexual harassment.
- Identify actions to take to protect yourself or others from sexual harassment.
- Describe how to report harassment.
- Prevalence of Sexual Harassment
- Identifying Harassment
- Workplace Harassment
- Setting an Example in the Workplace
- Harassment Training Prevention
- Witnessing Sexual Harassment
- Experiencing Sexual Harassment
- When Harassment Becomes a Crime
- Stress Associated with Harassment and Sexual Trauma
- Case of Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environment