Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This CNA inservice provides information on caring for patients with seizures.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Seizures and the Nervous System
- What are the Causes of Epilepsy?
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of an Epileptic Seizure?
- Are Epileptic Seizures Dangerous?
- What are the Treatments for Epilepsy?
- Taking Care of Someone Having a Seizure
- Identify three causes of seizure disorders.
- Identify the most common cause of seizures.
- Identify the correct definition of an epileptic seizure.
- Identify the correct names of an epileptic seizure
- Identify the three stages of an epileptic seizure.
- Identify the correct name for the signs/symptoms that immediately precede a seizure.
- Identify signs and symptoms of a seizure.
- Identify the two biggest risks to a patient during an epileptic seizure.
- Identify the three basic treatments for epilepsy.
- Identify two goals to remember when someone is having a seizure