Communication with Cognitively Impaired Clients
This course material available in video format. Click to view.
This CNA inservice provides information on communicating with cognitively impaired clients. Eligible communication course for Florida CNAs.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What are Cognitive Problems?
- Talking to Clients with Cognitive Problems
- The Basics of Good Communication
- Communication Changes over the Course of the Disease
- How Is the Person with Dementia Understanding the World?
- Language that Works - Techniques to Enhance Communication
- Identify a basic definition of cognitive impairment.
- Identify two aspects of non-verbal communication.
- Identify two non-verbal communications that should be avoided.
- Identify two key approaches that can be used when working with the client with cognitive impairment.
- Identify why people with cognitive impairment may act aggressively.